From South Wales Bouldering Guide Wiki
Twynan Gwynion quarries lie on the hillside above Taf Fechan Quarry and provide some magnificant views of the Brecon Beacons. To the west of these quarries is a free standing boulder providingsome worthwhile problems for the middle grade climber/boulderer. Location
By car, turn off the A465 'Heads of the Valleys Raod' at the Hospital turn off and park on the Pant Ifor car park. Follow the Garth lane (30m RW from the pub) through the farm, past a gas pumping station over the stile and continue up the hillside until you find a 4-5meter height boulder. And your there.
- 5a Crack,
- 5c Climb the face using the crack on the left and the arete on the right,
- 6a+ Low start using the two finger pocket.
- 4c Slab
- 5c+ Share on jug, climb boulder direct,
- 6a Share on jub, traverse right along lip of roof, finish up 9.
- 6a+ Start at back of roof on a loose chockstone hold (so be warned!),
- 6b Start on hold at back of roof, move out to the lip and continue with difficulty.
- Open Project Possible eliminate, Start as for 9, continue up the arete.
- 5b Start as for 9, continue up right side of arete.