Craig Yr Allt
From South Wales Bouldering Guide Wiki
Craig yr Allt is the ridge running West-East starting above Taffs Well. (OS Grid Ref: ST122847-ST143852)
QUARRY; (OS Grid Ref: ST123848) There is some scrappy bouldering in a quarry. Approach from the Taff Trail.
CRAIG YR ALLT ROCKS, LOWER ROCKS (OS Grid Ref: ST125848)
Located on the end of the ridge 300 metres above the mast. Approach on one of the many tracks from the Taff Trail in Ty Rhiw or Taffs Well.
Small jumble of boulders with a prominent nose/overhang. Faces West.
- Hanging on the telephone (V1) SS directly over the nose. (FA Chas Ryder 21/6/15)
- One way or another (V1) SS at lowest point on left. Traverse right to below nose and finish as for HOTT. (FA Chas Ryder 21/6/15)
Single undercut boulder with vertical break on its right. 100 metres along the hillside from CYA1. Faces south.
- Age (V1) SS left wall. (FA Chas Ryder 21/6/15)
- Beauty (V1) SS left arete. (FA Chas Ryder 21/6/15)
- Muddy Dap (V1) SS middle of boulder. Crimp and sloper direct over nose. (FA Chas Ryder 31/5/15)
- Skirting bored (V1) SS start as for 1. Traverse right across boulder to mantle on right. (FA Chas Ryder 21/6/19)
CRAIG YR ALLT ROCKS, UPPER ROCKS (OS Grid Ref: ST134851)
BULL NOSE BOULDER (OS Grid Ref: ST136850)
Fine compact small boulder at east end of the ridge. Park either on the lane below the Black Cock or discretely by the gate on Rockwood stables lane. Approach: pass through the gate and go straight ahead following the track past a fallen gate then keeping upwards until at the third hairpin. Here go straight ahead (west). The boulder is 100 metres on the hillside on the right.
- Boris (V2) Left wall (FA Chas Ryder)
- Horace (V2) Wall right of 1. (FA Chas Ryder 11/1/98)
- Morris (V2) Direct over the nose. (FA Chas Ryder 7/6/98) SS (V3) (FA Chas Ryder 23/7/00)
- Doris (V1) Right wall. (FA Chas Ryder 23/7/00)
- Traverse (V2) Left to right traverse finishing up 4. (FA Chas Ryder 23/7/00)